Something exciting is coming, folks!!
For the past few weeks, I’ve been working on something big… something I’ve been talking about doing for a long time, but just since the beginning of fall have actually committed to putting into motion.
I don’t want to spoil the surprise, so you’ll just have to wait a few more weeks till it’s done, and then I’ll let you know. But I can tell you two things: it’s going to be a recipe/cookbook and it’s going to be free!
To get in on the action, all you have to do is subscribe to my weekly newsletter (which is just basically a weekly digest of my blog posts) here.
Okay! now on with the show!
I love hummus for many reasons, one is that while I was writing my first cookbook, Aquafabulous! I went through probably 100 cans of chickpeas, and you gotta do something with all those beans! I was using up those chickpeas literally for years afterwards. Also, since buying a Vitamix, I’m having loads of fun making different types of hummus, and experimenting with different methods of making it. More (way more) about that later.
But suffice to say, hummus is good for more than just dipping your veg in, or eating out of the tub with a spoon (not me, nope nope nope). You can actually use it as an ingredient in recipes as well.
This Hummus Pasta is a good case in point.
I love pasta and eat it probably at least once a week. It’s hearty, filling, comforting, and simple to prepare. The hummus makes for a creamy sauce, and it has protein, but it’s completely vegan! I mean, how cool is that? Hummus Pasta is a quick and easy meal that you can get on the table in literally minutes. Serve it with a salad and you have a whole meal.
- 200 g dried pasta your choice, I used spaghetti
- EVOO extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 6 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs such as basil or parsley chopped
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese or vegan equivalent
- In a large pot over high heat, place 1-2 litres of water, and add 1 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Drop your pasta and cook it according to package directions, removing it from the heat 1 minute before it is completely cooked.
- Drain the pasta but reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In the same large pot over medium-low heat, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, and then add the garlic and stir till fragrant. Then add the chopped sundried tomatoes, pesto, hummus and the pasta water. Stir everything together until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Add the drained pasta back into the sauce and stir well to coat. Cook for a few minutes till the sauce is absorbed into the pasta and it thickens.
- Add in most of the herbs, ¼ cup of the cheese and zest some of the lemon over. Stir well.
- Serve with additional gratings of cheese, lemon zest and fresh herbs for garnish.
@findbex Creamy Hummus Pasta! This one is so easy, just mix your cooked pasta with some garlic, sundried tomatoes, a little miso, hummus, fresh herbs and parm. #easyveganmeals #vegan #plantbased #plantbasedrecipes #vegtok #pasta #carbsarelife #sundriedtomatoes #hummus #hummusisbae #hummusisasauce #15minutemeal #30secondrecipe ♬ MANIAC (feat. Windser) - Macklemore