Hi, I’m Rebecca Coleman. Welcome.
If you’re interested in living a more sustainable, slightly-heavier-emphasis on plants kinda lifestyle, then you are in the right place.
First off, everyone is welcome here. This is not a vegan blog. I am not even a vegan (though my diet is about 80% vegan). This is a place where we’ll explore living a more plant-based lifestyle.
It’s okay if you eat meat. This is a judgement-free zone.
It’s my goal to create recipes that are first of all, delicious, because realistically speaking, someone can present you with something that is really good for you and good for the environment, but if it doesn’t taste good, you’re probably not going to eat it. The food here is, first and foremost, yummy, and then vegan or vegetarian second.
I call this philosophy plant-forward living, because it’s not a plant-based diet, but it’s high in plants. It leads with plants.
A little about me:
- I’m a passionate foodie, content creator, and recipe developer.
- I’ve been writing this blog since 2011, and I have two published cookbooks.
- The one true love of my life is my son, Michael.
- Cooking and baking for people is my love language. I express my feelings though the dishes I make, and the kitchen is both my happy place, and therapy. The kitchen is a flow state, a place where I am free to be creative and make mistakes and just be.
- I live in a constant state of wanderlust. By the time I’d hit double-digits, I’d been everywhere in Canada. Twice. In adulthood, I’ve been to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, Greece, Paris, Australia, NYC, Chicago, New Orleans. Still many places to visit, and I want to see them all…
Home base: Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Recipes: I test every single recipe that goes on this blog. I test it, recipe-wise, and I test it taste-wise. If it doesn’t pass, it doesn’t get published. I take that responsibility (maybe a little too???) seriously.
My favourite food: Impossible to choose. I can’t go a day without coffee. Donuts. Croissants. If creme brulee is on the menu, I will order it. Chocolate.
A little-known fact about me: To put myself through university, I once took a night-shift job baking bread.
How can I help you? Please get in touch with me:
- Email: grebeccacoleman [at] gmail [dot] com
- Instagram: @rebeccacoleman
- TikTok: @findbex
- Twitter: @rebecacoleman