Vegan Potato Pizza (Pizza Con Patate)
My first full day in Paris, we biked over 30 kilometers. We went from the Farmer’s Market to brunch, to the canal and back again (vlog here). It was late and we were starving, and ended up at a pizza place in the 6th arrondissement.
We ordered two pizzas: one was a classic margarita, and the other was simply pizza dough, olive oil and rosemary. I know, it sounds boring, right? But it wasn’t. It was amazing. I’d never had anything like it before and I was so good.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of the “more is more” attitude. Check out the crazy milkshake I had a while back that was extra on top of extra. But really good cooking is simple cooking, because there’s nowhere to hide when you only have a few ingredients.
This potato pizza is incredibly simple: just pizza dough, olive oil, potatoes and rosemary. There’s no cheese. You might think a pizza with no sauce and no cheese is a bridge too far, but it’s actually really good.
Use your own favourite pizza dough recipe for this potato pizza (mine is from the Food Gays cookbook), or to really make your life easier, just buy some from the store ready to go. Easy, fast, delicious!
PS this recipe is inspired by a recent visit to Heppel’s Potato Farm where I “rescued” some “ugly” potatoes, and decided to make them into something beautiful.
Pizza Con Patate
- 1 prepared pizza dough uncooked
- 1 potato sliced as thin as possible
- 3-4 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 tsp good quality sea salt like Maldon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stretch the pizza dough out onto your pan.
- Drizzle a little of the olive oil over the pizza dough.
- Add your thinly sliced potatoes to a bowl and toss them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, just till all are coated.
- Cover the top of the pizza dough with the potato slices, slightly overlapping, until the entire dough is covered (leaving room for a crust).
- Drizzle with more olive oil, and sprinkle with rosemary and a little more salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into triangles and enjoy hot.
@findbex Beautiful Potato Pizza made with “misfit” potatoes from @heppellspotato! #vegan #plantbased #pizza #potato #potatopizza #easyveganrecipes #easyveganmeals #potatotok #ptatotiktok #eatyourveggies #supportlocal #shoplocal #eatlocal #knowyourfarmer #farmtok #fieldtofork #farmtotable #makelesswaste #uglyproduce ♬ GOOD VIBES - Ellen Once Again