Kinda wish I had a sexier name for this one, but hey! There’s truth in advertising, right? I mean, it has rosemary, blood orange and gin, what more do you want, people???
So, it’s Friday, and that means we should celebrate surviving another work week with a delicious cocktail.
I’m pretty obsessed with this Legend Distilling Smoked Rosemary Gin. I was before, but I’m even more so now that I actually visited their distillery a couple weeks back while I was in Naramata.
It’s a very cozy space… I look forward to going back in the summer when the patio is open and having some brunch.
Several bottles of spirits (not just the Black Moon Gin) may have followed us home… watch this space for more recipes once I’ve had a chance to experiment a little more.
All right! Let’s get on to the business at hand!
Rosemary Blood Orange Gin Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 3-4 dashes angostura bitters
- 5-6 fresh rosemary leaves, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 1 blood orange, plus additional slices for garnish
- 1.5 oz gin (I used Legend Distilling Black Moon Gin)
- sparkling water or tonic
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a glass, and add the bitters to it. Using a muddler, mush the sugar up. Add the rosemary leaves and continue to muddle.
- Juice the blood orange, taking care to strain out the pips. Add it to the drink and stir.
- Add the gin and stir.
- Add ice, stir, then top up with sparkling water. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of blood orange.