Shhh! I am a sneaky mommy.
It’s really a practical thing to be–and it’s not just for my son. I figure, I can use all the vegetables I can get, so if I sneak them into our food, the more the merrier, right?
“Sneaky mommy” faves include making a tomato sauce with hidden carrots and zucchini, a chocolate zucchini cake, and adding a yam puree to my homemade mac ‘n’ cheese sauce. Seriously. They (or you) will never know.
I like this smoothie, and I pretty much start every day with one. I sneak a lot of things in here–spinach, supplements, and even vegetables. The fruit hides it all, and you’d never guess all the added goodness you are getting with this one.
This is less of a recipe, and more like guidelines. Feel free to add/substitute according to your taste buds. This smoothie is fantastic for you because the blueberries and the spinach are superfoods, the juice sneaks in a full serving of vegetables as well, bananas are high in potassium, and the flax is full of omegas, a healthy fat.
I feel healthier (and sneakier!) already!
- 1/2 cup frozen four berry mix (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup dark-coloured juice (I’m using Tropicana Farmstand Blueberry Pomegranate–it has beets hidden inside!)
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- a small handful of spinach or kale
- 1 scoop of smoothie booster (I like Weber Naturals All Greens)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed or flax seed oil
Place everything in a blender and blitz it until it is completely smooth. Add a handful of ice and blend again. Check for thickness–if it’s too thick, add a little more juice and blend again.