So, I made a thing. It should probably be illegal, because it might kill you. But what a way to go!
This is a crazy mashup dessert that has a little of all the things you love the most: chocolate chip cookies, more chocolate, Oreos and brownies! Bro = Brownies, Oookie = Cookies = Brookie!
I made mine from scratch, so it’s always a bit more work that way, but you really don’t have to. Buy unbaked chocolate chip cookie dough and a brownie mix, and that shit is delicious!
You guys, seriously. I cannot tell you how good this is. It’s crazy delicious, maybe one of the most decadent things I’ve ever made.
Death By Brookie:
- Your favourite chocolate chip cookie dough (this is my favourite non-vegan recipe, this is a pretty good vegan one), homemade or store-bought
- A package of Oreos
- Your favourite brownie batter/mix, homemade (this is my fave) or store-bought
- an 8″ square pan or a 10″ cast iron frying pan (you could make several smaller ones in individual small cast iron pans if you have them
- If you’re using the square pan, line it with two sheets of parchment paper going in opposite directions. If you’re using the cast iron, just be sure to butter/grease it well.
- Press the chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. You may not need all of your cookie dough. It should come about halfway up the side of the pan (make sure to leave room for the brownies).
- Now cover the layer of cookie dough with a layer of Oreos.
- Finally, cover all of that with a layer of brownie batter, and smooth it all over the top. It should come almost to the top of the pan, now.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. If you’re using the square pan, remove and allow to cool for a half hour or so before attempting to remove the brookie from the pan by using the parchment paper to lift it up out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
- If you’re using the cast iron, serve it hot at the table, cut into wedges, and garnished with a little ice cream.