S’mores Popcorn & Captain America: Civil War [Contest]
What happened to summer?
The kids are back at school, and I’ve already broken out my Hunters and long sleeved shirts.
As sad as I am to see summer go, there is a coziness to this time of the year as the leaves begin to turn and the temperatures go down.
It means comfort foods, and cozy evenings inside snuggled up on the couch catching up on movies.
I have two things today to help you get into the spirit of fall. The first is a recipe for a movie snack that will knock your socks off. The second is a contest to win a copy of Captain America: Civil War and some fun Captain America swag and and movie snacks.
The contest is courtesy of Telus Optik TV; you must be an Optik subscriber to enter. You can actually see the movie 10 days before everyone else if you are an Optik subscriber.
The snacks? A classic summer campfire treat turned into a movie snack. Who doesn’t love the marshmallow/ graham cracker/ chocolate combo of a S’more? Well, it gets even better when you put it together with popcorn.
It’s everything; sweet, salty, crunchy, awesome.
Make a big batch, and curl up with your sweetie under the blanket and witness the epic battle between Captain America and Iron Man.
- 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 7 graham crackers
- Pop the popcorn using whatever method you like. I have an air popper.
- Once the popcorn is popped, dress it with 2 tbsp of melted butter and the salt and toss well. Toss in the marshmallows as well, and crush the graham crackers into smaller bits about the same size as the popcorn and with your hands and throw those in as well.
- Spread the popcorn out onto a large cookie sheet.
- Place the chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of butter in a microwave-safe dish and place it in the microwave. Microwave it at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until it’s smooth. Add a little more butter if needed–you want the chocolate to be drippable, but not too runny or it will never set.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over your pan of popcorn. Allow to set, placing in the fridge if necessary. Once the chocolate has set, break it up, and place it back in a big bowl to serve.
To Enter the Contest:
Comment below and tell me whose side you’re on; Captain America or Iron Man. Contest closes Sunday night (Sept 11).
For an additional entry, tweet: