2017: Year in Review
Whoa, Nelly! You can diss 2017 all you like (and for good reason), but it was a pretty great year for me.
I mean, how often can you say your cookbook was published? Exactly never. For me, anyway, until last year!
In addition to the publication of my cookbook, I also started up a YouTube channel. I did a ton of travelling, much of it food-related, including Toronto, the UK and Paris. I took a class in Paris for the sole purpose of being able to say “that time I learned how to make croissants in Paris.” Sorry/not sorry?
I ate some great food in 2017, and some of it I even cooked myself!
Here’s how 2017 broke down:
I wrote 74 posts, totalling 33,929 words, and 45,000 folks visited my site. Thanks for reading!
Here are my 7 most popular posts in 2017:
7. Banoffee Pie in a Jar: Another from the cookbook. This is a fantastic dessert–a vegan spin on a British classic.
6. Aquafabulous! Roasted Carrot Dip: one of my fave recipes from the cookbook. Roasting the carrots brings out their sweetness, and the end result is creamy and full of flavour.
5. Chocolate Pumpkin Beer Cake: this deep, decadent vegan chocolate cake made with beer has become my go-to recipe to make for friend’s birthdays. This one has a fall twist on it with the addition of pumpkin.
4. Truffled Cashew Cheese: Inspired by something I ate on a trip to Victoria, I set out to make a decadent truffled vegan cheese.
3. Fudgey Chocolate Ice Cream: This is the good stuff! Vegan, creamy, tastes just like fudgecicles from when you were a kid. All thanks to Aquafaba!
2. Polenta Fries: these are so good! Gluten-free, crispy, gooey on the inside. Best when served with a spicy mayo for dipping.
- Vegan Egg Substitutes: being immersed in the world of Aquafaba as I have been, this has been a huge area of exploration for me.
Thanks for being a follower! Cheers to 2018!